Friday, May 29, 2009

Is Insurance really that unfair?

Argh, one more blog today and that's it - I promise!

(I'm making up for my 2 weeks where I shall not blog!)

My colleague received this email this morning and I thought it was absolutely hilarious:


OK my dear, do what you have to.

Although I certainly have nothing against your good self, I think *** should change the insurance to only insure people who haven't lived yet or are dead. That way you won't have to worry about pre-existing conditions - even if they last occurred 10's of years ago.

In fact, my biggest pre-existing condition is 'life'. I have suffered from it for 47 years (luckily) and in that time have sustained some injuries, which is a sure sign of living if you ask me. Some injuries go away, some lurk waiting to return but as the body replaces all body cells frequently, I would question 'pre-existing' anyway. I am afraid I cannot tell where my 'lurking' weaknesses are otherwise I could take defensive actions to prevent issues returning (or stay in bed). In future, I'll try to reduce my living to a degree that I do not cost you any more money and I apologize for doing so! I really do not like claiming anyhow as it is a sign I am not perfect - hard to believe I know.

I'm off to the UK next week and will have the *** treatment on the ***. I'll send the claim for that to you soon after.

Thanks for your reply, and for doing your job well. You are great.


Has to be one of the best emails I have seen in a VERY long time!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."