Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy Bee

I am busy. So busy. Annoying things here and there that need sorting but nothing of any substance or real urgency - hence, no motivation.

Arrived back from Beijing yesterday afternoon - it was amazing. Namely the best bits were...

- Mooching down Wangfujin all morning, browsing through chopsticks & silk, talking to birds that spoke Mandarin, practicing camwhoring at the world.
- All the famous sights; Tiananmen Sq, Forbidden City, Great wall
- Learning how to cook dumplings in a traditional Hutong
- Watching line dancing out on the street, water calligraphy, Hui hi by night.
- Having my own Cheongsam made
- Checking out the olympic stadium and surrounding area
- Hanging out at the 798 Art Space (was too cool)
- Partying until daylight and then going for 24 hour dim sum (who could ask for more in life - i mean, really)
- Trying Peking Duck and all sorts of random shit
- Everything else in between - being mobbed, getting lost down random old streets, making silly videos, laughing a lot, catching up with old friends, watching 10 year old girls perform chinese acrobats in a club, dancing with a Russian band (don't ask)....
- The list goes on

All in all Beijing = Amazing. H and I had a fantastic time.

So today was my first of 4 days remaining in the office, after lunch my team surprised me with an array of Malaysian dishes - very sweet. I wonder what else they have in store for me this week...



After managing to escape the office by 7 i managed a 5K sprint (yes, sprint @ 12km per hour for 25 mins) and some abs work. Gossiped with the PT's at the gym for a while, headed home.

Finally i look around my disgusting apartment (see below) and attempted to clean up. I managed about half. I still need to read over 17 CV's for a new position in our office and choose 3 to interview and make appointments/ see them by Friday. Plus all the other work that is never ending. Have told myself I can only do what I can do.

Last night managed to swing by Mid Valley and pick up a new backpack, cost an arm and half a leg (not a whole leg as i (unusually) didn't go for the most expensive brand). Am starting to think about packing (which is a start).

Have meal with friends tomorrow, weight training with my gym buddy who is back in town until the weekend on Thursday and then Friday will be my "leaving" party @ Zouk. Hope it'll be a good one.

In between all this I'm trying to clean out my apartment, review my job situation, get my arse in gear with the teaching programme, order flowers for a friend who's other friend just passed away :(, clean clothes, see ALL my friends (there aren't many but they are significant nonetheless), finish up my work, insure all my apartment prior to the move... argh the list goes on and on.

OK so that's a brief update. I'll try and blog about something vaguely interesting before i go to vietnam and die due to swine flu/ crossing roads/ eating live bugs/ Kiwi boy's droning voice :P

Laters.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."