Monday, May 11, 2009

Stop walking, start running

I'm signed up to do the Pacsetters New Balance 15K run on Sunday. I'm wondering how on earth I am going to complete this? I haven't run more than 10K in the last 5 months and the most recent runs have consisted of 3-5 K short bursts at a slow speed (about 9.5K per hour).

I'm not doing the full marathon in June because I simply didn't have the time or dedication or focus to train, but I want to get back into the swing of my training. At least once I'm back in the UK and unemployed(!) I know i will be able to get up nice and early in the mornings and have a good run most days.

Well, have decided to go ahead with it anyway, and just take it slow and not worry about my timing for the following reasons:

- Guaranteed weight loss and tone
- Will not be working out for 3 weeks around Vietnam/ HK move to UK time so good opportunity for last blast before everything turns to mush
- I like running and a challenge
- My Shrub has signed us both up for a half marathon in London in September so a bit of training would be more than beneficial!
- It's at 7am so will be finished before the world is even awake
- Because it's fun! And I live for pain!!!
- I'm crazy

Can't wait for the massive greasy fry up or dim sum afterwards ;)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."