Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stay Off The Roads

I'm worried.

I'm worried that I have nearly killed 3 motorcyclists in no less than 2 years.

Accident 1

Location: Melaka, Malaysia
Severity: 7/10
Car: Albert (Proton Saga)
Car Damage: Smashed up the front of my car
Cost: $500

What happened: Was driving along at about 40K and out of no where a young motorcyclist came down the pavement and cut across my car, slamming against the bonnet and went flying across to the other side of the road. His bike was fucked, his gang arrived, he yelled, chi bai and we spent 2 hours at the police station.

Accident 2

Location: Taman Desa, Malaysia
Severity: 3/10
Car: Emily (Perudua Myvi)
Car Damage: Minor scrapes/ dents to front-right of car
Cost: Cash in hand $200 ++ car expense to be confirmed

What happened: Was having a jokey argument with my friend, complaining that he was late. Whilst throwing abuse i was checking the road back and forth and it was really busy. I thought I saw a gap and went, unfortunately it was night time and i was at the top of a small hill, the bike came up and slammed into me as I pulled out. At least this guy was in shock in the reverse manner - went very quiet, hobbled about. My friend managed to communicate with him (just) we gave him $200 for damages as I knew it was my fault, was on the way to a party and couldn't be arsed to file a police report.

Accident 3

Location: Jalan Ampang, KL
Severity: 0/10
Car: Emily (Perudua Myvi)
Car Damage: None (well no more than what i already had)
Cost: None, only my sanity and confidence as being a road worthy driver

What happened: was pulling out of a side hotel exit onto the other side of the road. Again was checking back and forth but as I pulled out I looked at the side furthest away, I glanced to my right and saw a motorcyclist suddenly break about 5 feet away from me. He looked shocked and I mouthed "sorry" and made a cute smile, he waved me on. I realised I should not be allowed on the roads any more (this near accident was 3 days after the last)

In a nutshell, perhaps its a good thing I'm leaving Malaysia in 6 weeks... It ain't safe out there whilst I'm on the roads. Beware.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."