Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life

As part of my thinking positively plan I've listed all the fantastic things I did in 2008 and all that I achieved and feel good about. I'm going to start planning out my final months/ year in KL so that I get the maximum out of this experience. As my Granddad infamously said: "Don't let the buggers get you down!"

Jan - Road trip to Las Vegas/ New Year in San Francisco with Shrub and Billy
Jan - Road trip to Melaka with F,K and A
Feb - Was struggling with life in KL so took a last minute trip to HK for the weekend
Feb - CNY, Singapore with A&F & K
March - Celine Dion Concert where I started a Mexican wave at it made it into the national paper!
March - Took a road trip to Cherating with the Ella Crew.
April - Climbed Mount Kinabalu!!!
May - Promoted to Claims Manager. Took Biz trip back to UK.
May - Girls Aloud Concert with BD
May - Opening of SQPR - the pivot point where I began to meet friends
June - My birthday went to HK and had a Junk Party with H which was awesome!
June - 36's pool party where I made friends and started to love KL.
June - Completed my first 10K run (Seimens, KL)
July - Melakka Road trip with Panda and friends
July - First Hennessy party, became friends with Bombies
August - Chelsea V Malaysia Match
August - Biz trip to Jakarta
August - Roof top pool party at my place for Panda's friend
August - Genting Weekend with Blanks, Bombies, Mr J and Chindian
September - 10K Run (Adidas, Sha Alam)
October - Started attending Church
October - Returned to the UK for my cousin's wedding
November - BD in KL
November - Holiday in Krabi, Thailandwith BD
November - offered work with BFM
December - Weekend in Singapore. Completed Half Marathon (Stanarad chartered) met up with H
December - Back to the UK for Christmas
December - onto San Fran/ Vegas for New Year

And my plans for 2009...

- Trip with H (so far we've discussed the possibility of either Jungle Trecking in Chang Mai or bicycling in Beijing!)
- Received call from BFM today, scheduling meeting for next week to start with station
- (Tentively) the FULL MARATHON 28th June KL
- The Rainforest Festival with my fabulous friends in Kuching (my 'other' hometown) in July
- Braces to come off November!!! Wahooooo
- To finally get that dam tattoo i've been harping on about for the last decade
- I wanna take a road trip to Penang at some point
- Plan ahead for 2010
- Move back to the UK
- To start looking into buying my own home (i can dream... right?)

See, look how upbeat and positive I am :D

- Oh and to get more sleep... night night...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."