Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nearly half way... nearly!

I'm enjoying having my new I Mac, means I can spend more time writing at home when I can collaborate thoughts rather than gushing down randomly at work.

I had my braces adjusted today, I can't believe I've had them for 6 months now! Six! I'm practically half way through. Hurts though, back on the liquid diet now. I had a fruit smoothie for lunch and butternut soup for dinner (and now a can of diet coke! lol).

I had another new wire put on, again a bit thicker (marginally) to add more strength. The dentist actually pre-warned me that the next few days will be painful - thanks. We looked at my molds and I couldn't believe how much my teeth have moved - it's crazy! I'm looking forward to getting those old clays and the final clays at the end and showing people (not that anyone ACTUALLY cares!) how much they have changed. Honestly, the difference is insane.

We talked about the possibility of me leaving KL in the next 6 months which would be before the treatment is finished. Seems it's do-able. My dentist is going to look up clinics in the UK that use my type of braces. He said I can pay for all the brackets, retainer etc here so that the costs are cheaper, thus only having to pay for consultations in the UK. That's something I guess. He was really nice about it actually.

We're moving the treatment forward quicker (hehe cheeky me, thought he might do that) and so in 4 weeks time I'm moving on to the next horrific thing - elastic bands - aiyo! That involves having small bands wrapped around the back brackets. It helps move the teeth. I remember my friends having them as kids and how they snapped randomly in their mouths - great! Oh well, it's an experience hu - just think, 8 months time and I'll have a whole new mouth!

I must reiterate for any random who is reading this and considering braces as an adult. Do it! Once you overcome the initial horrificness (which will be worse if you are vain like me) it's OK you know. I mean it hurts every time they tighten them but in all honesty 80% of the time its pain free - bar the odd mouth ulcer and unattractive bit of spinach hanging out here and there.

I also had them scaled and polished. Crikey, I had no idea how "yellow" they'd gotten, they feel so smooth and clean now and look much brighter and fresher. This is really boring you isn't it?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."