Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shut that door!

Wow. Malaysians, gee they really do like to drag out a job hu? I got a call from my landlord at 10.00 this morning asking if someone can come up in 5 mins to fix my door that I have been complaining to him about for a year plus, but I was literally just about to go for a run. Do people not pre plan their time here? He said they could come back at 11.30 so I came back just before. At 12.00 someone eventually arrived, speaking no English (which I can't complain about as I don't speak Malay, so I shouldn't expect him to be able to speak English) with both of us trying to communicate exactly what the problem was.

So, he's been doing God knows what to my front door for the last two hours, drilling, banging, sawing, shaving, you name it. All the while his buddy is sitting across the way in the outside corridor chatting away and laughing. I wouldn't mind so much but I ran 10K this morning and have been in my stinky gym clothes for 4 hours and I wanna get moving with my day. I mean, is it really THAT complex? 4 hours... and counting...

OK, so he just finished and called me over for a broom to clean up the mess, I offered to do it myself (by pointing at me and smiling) but he insisted (by placing his hands where his heart were and smiling saying "Me, I will"). I found that quite endering.

I do think this is supporting evidence as to why I need a man however.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."