Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another Sunday...

Well, as expected I haven't been very proactive this afternoon. Having spent the last 4 hours updating my new I MAC with (I know, I can't believe it either) 9879 songs and THOUSANDS of photos - I'm shattered. Well I guess that is proactive, just not in the "making life decisions" way :P

As I did hope though, Church was ever inspiring. Something that stayed in my mind was learning to find the positive in the most dire of situations. Pastor Choo mentioned one particular phrase - instead of saying I am "stressed" we should think of it as being "stretched". I like that.

As I was speaking to my mum earlier on the phone I mentioned that I was still very stressed at work and immediately I vocally corrected myself and explained to her what I'd learnt today. She was surprisingly interested. And started saying how she would find out where the vicar who blessed her and my Papa at their wedding was at, as she thought if I moved back to the UK I'd find his services the most lively - I was quite taken aback. She actually LISTENS to me. How nice of her to think of that and take something that I had already begun thinking of, into consideration.

Bombies has invited me away with her family to Langkawi over CNY. As much as I'd love to go (as I'm ALWAYS in need of a holiday) I figure it would be a good opportunity to have some alone time, without distraction and spend time job hunting, updating my CV, relaxing at home, working out and generally get things moving. It's all fair and good that I am a "seize the moment" kinda girl but realistically I need to stop burying my head in the sand and get a wriggle on with things.

Mr J was funny today too. He does come out with some fairly odd comments at times but I can't help but look at him and think, how did you suss that out? He turned to me after Church and said, you weren't really with us today were you? Your head is somewhere between the UK and KL. Haha. Well he hit the nail on the head. I sat there in the service thinking about how much I'm gonna miss this place (look at me hey, I'm already talking like I've made a decision...) I was also thinking, whilst a couple gave their testimony, how much I would love to stand up there and give mine and give thanks for how much I feel the church has helped me in these few months.

Granted I may not understand everything, and I do find I sit there with a frown over my forehead mulling over certain terminology and statements made; I do feel like Church is something that gives me hope, energy, positivity and lifts me up when I'm down. Perhaps I don't get it entirely, but aren't these, the feelings you're supposed to get when you're in a relationship? And it is supposed to be a "relationship" with God so perhaps I'm half way to understanding. Perhaps.

Mr Big is online now and wants to talk (I should really give him a more original name, I'm hardly a creative writer if I'm stealing names from famous TV shows). The latest text message read "I miss you. I think I fell for you a little that last night before you went back to KL XXX". Aduhai..........

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom
"I have found that if a problem rears its head, the best way to deal with it is by being highly emotional, inconsistent and super irrational and the problem tends to go away..."